APPLICATION INFORMATION for 2019-20 SCHOOL YEAR
Online Application will be activated on January 1st, 2019.
MCSCS is a public charter school serving grades Kindergarten through 3 in the school year 2019-20. Applications may be submitted online at www.middlesexcharter.org, and are due March 1, 2019.
- Important Dates
- January 1 – March 1, 2019: The initial application to enter the lottery is accepted
- March 12, 2019 at 6 pm: Admission lottery
- March 18 – April 5, 2019: Enrollment paperwork is submitted to the school by lottery winners
- April 8, 2019: Invitations begin for students placed on the waiting list
- Open House
- Location: 430 Market Street, Perth Amboy, 08861
- February 2, 2019 at 10 am
- February 10, 2019 at 12 pm
- February 26, 2019 at 6 pm
- Middlesex County STEM Charter School
- Is free to all families. MCSCS does not charge tuition.
- Is an open enrollment public charter school. MCSCS is open to all students in New Jersey on a space-available basis with preference given to students from Perth Amboy.
- Selects students to enroll through an open-public, random lottery. The lottery will be held at the school building on March 12th for Kindergarten through Grade 3. Lottery session start at 6 pm. Parents and students are encouraged to attend the lottery.
- Application Process
Applications submitted for years prior to the 2019-20 school year are not carried over to the 2019-20 school year. Therefore, you must reapply for the 2019-20 school year if your child(ren) has not been previously admitted to MCSCS. No application is needed for current MCSCS students that are returning next year.
If you have a student currently attending MCSCS and are interested in enrolling your other child(ren), an online application must be submitted for each sibling in a timely manner.
Any false information provided on the application form may disqualify the application and result in dismissal of the student from the school.
- Lottery Process
The lottery will be held on March 12, 2019 at the MCSCS cafeteria. It is open to the public and all parents/students are welcome to attend. All applications received by the deadline will be included in the lottery except siblings of current MCSCS students since they receive admission preference for available slots.
All winners and wait listed applicants will be notified via email immediately following the lottery to the email address provided to MCSCS at the time of application.
Applicants who are not selected to enroll through the lottery will be automatically placed on the waiting list in the order determined by lottery.
Lottery winners will receive an invitation via e-mail indicating the specific paperwork necessary to complete the registration process. The parent or the legal guardian is required to come to the school and complete the registration process in person during the enrollment period (March 18 – April 5, 2019).
- Kindergarten Cut-off Dates:
- Perth Amboy - October 15th (Child must be five years old on or before October 15, 2019.)
1- Original Birth Certificate
2- Immunization Records
3- Mandatory Physical Form Needed for Kindergarten
4- Parent/Guardian’s Photo ID
5- Residency Documentation (2 proofs of residency (e.g. utility bills, deed, lease, a notarized affidavit from the landlord ))
6- Transfer Card or Withdrawal Form (you will not be able to get this until the 2018-2019 school year has ended)
7- Report Card
8- Custody Documentation (If applicable)
Release of records (if your child was in a previous school)